Friday, March 29, 2013

Simple, DIY All Purpose Cleaner

Simple Cleaning

Lets start with the simplest All Purpose Cleaner out there... are you ready?

What you will need:
     -An empty Mason Jar (I recycled a glass juice jar)
     -Orange Peels
     -Vinegar

     -Kitchen Strainer (for the large pieces)     
     -Cheese cloth or cheap stocking (sold in dollar stores. I use a stocking & wash it afterwards; let dry before putting it away)
     -Funnel (optional, but makes it easier to transfer to a spray bottle)

Ever found yourself eating a lot of oranges?  Save those peels, put them into a mason jar. When it is full, fill the jar with white vinegar; put the lid on (I do shake mine every so often) then let it sit for 2 weeks or so. It can even go for up to a month. 

When it is done, I strained the big pieces using a regular strainer & then ended up taking a cheap stocking (I do not have a cheese cloth) to strain the small pieces into a bowl. Then using a funnel I poured into a spray bottle filling it up 1/2 way. Fill the rest with water. 
This is a super concentrated cleaner, so I took the concentrated part & filled up my Rinse agent compartment of my dishwasher. I keep the left overs in a glass jar in my cabinet.
This cleaner is awesome. I can clean the whole kitchen, the bathrooms & it works great on glass.

I have also tried a batch with grapefruit... i will keep you posted.

UPDATE (5/16/2013): This grapefruit cleaner came out really well. I let this batch sit for about a month. I reused an old cleaner bottle & the batch made exactly 1/2 of the spray bottle so I just filled the rest up with water.



No comments:

Post a Comment