Friday, March 29, 2013

Educate Yourself

Lets start with researching the products in your household that are actually dangerous to you & your families health www.cosmeticdatabase.com is where I started.
Did you also know that 
“women who work at home have a 55% higher risk of dying from
cancer than do women who work outside the home”.

from Chemerical: Redefining Clean for a New Generation


 I challenge you to look up all of the products in your house hold.
Go ahead, gather up all of your cleaning products.... where do they rate on the toxic(10)- no toxic scale(0)??


Now, what about personal products? Deodorant, shaving cream, soap, shampoo/conditioner, make-up, facial cleanser/moisturizer, sunscreen, your baby wash/shampoo... anything that goes ON your body..

 I also discovered that there was formaldehyde in my popular name brand baby products & there were known carcinogens in my hand soap & shampoo. I now have found recipes for ALL of them. And it is SO MUCH CHEAPER to just make it yourself. It is something the whole family can be involved in. I don't know about you but we are a single income family & we need to save everything we can while living a healthy lifestyle. 
Products on the market today are full of things that are harmful to your health, they are also very expensive. My cleaners only cost me a few dollars a batch & last for months. So, I urge you to look to see what toxic chemicals you have lurking under your sink, above your fridge, in your bathroom & even your shower.

I have also seem some pretty powerful movies/documentaries. My husband & I learned so much from them.

The first we watched was Food INC... Then it turned into one documentary after another. (All of these movies are actually on Netflix, we do not have cable & there are no local movie rental stores here, if you know of more PLEASE SHARE)

Hungry For Change
Vegucated
Fat Sick & Nearly Dead
Forks Over Knives
Food Matters
Frankensteer

This following documentary changed our 'chemical' home into a clean, chemical-free home. I can not physically walk down the cleaning isle now, it gives me a headache.

Chemerical: Redefining Clean for a New Generation

And these are just very interesting, we do brew our own beer & Meade so we found these entertaining & still informative.

Beer Wars
How Beer Saved the World

On another note, I LOVE LOVED LOVED The Business of Being Born & recently More Business of Being Born. They were powerful & well informed educational movies about children born in America & how the Dr's. control how WE give birth. I wish I had seen them BEFORE my daughter was born, I believe that our birthing experience would have gone a LOT differently. But now I know & I can only grow.
Pregnant in America was also good.


No comments:

Post a Comment